Interested in becoming a part of
our skilled team?
Cyber Threat Hunter
Job #: ST-000349
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Submit resume via email to email@example.com
Security Tapestry’s Security Operation Center (SOC) is responsible for preventing, identifying, containing and eradicating cyber threats to our customers’ networks through monitoring, intrusion detection, and protective security services to our customers information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations.
The SOC is responsible for the overall security of our customers’ Enterprise-wide information systems and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
Security Tapestry has an immediate need for a Cyber Threat Hunter to join our SOC Team. The ideal Cyber Threat Hunter is someone who is process driven, curious, and enjoys identifying patterns and anomalies in data that are not immediately obvious.
- Create Threat Models to better understand our customers’ IT Enterprise, identify defensive gaps, and prioritize mitigations
- Author, update, and maintain SOPs, playbooks, work instructions
- Utilize Threat Intelligence and Threat Models to create threat hypotheses
- Plan and scope Threat Hunt Missions to verify threat hypotheses
- Proactively and iteratively search through systems and networks to detect advanced threats
- Analyze host, network, and application logs in addition to malware and code Prepare and report risk analysis and threat findings to appropriate stakeholders
- Create, recommend, and assist with development of new security content as the result of hunt missions to include signatures, alerts, workflows, and automation
- Coordinate with different teams to improve threat detection, response, and improve overall security posture of the Enterprise
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 2+ years of prior relevant experience with a focus on Cyber Security
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
Must have one of the following certifications within 6 months of employment:
- SANS GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- SANS GCFA (GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst)
- SANS GCIA (GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst)
- SANS GNFA (GIAC Network Forensic Analyst)
- SANS GWAPT (GIAC Web Application Pentester)
- SANS GPEN (GIAC Penetration Tester)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Expertise in network and host-based analysis and investigation
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing threat hunt missions
- Understanding of Enterprise networks to include routing, switching, firewalls, proxies, load balancers
- Working knowledge of common (HTTP, DNS, SMB, etc.) networking protocols
- Familiar with operation of both Windows and Linux based systems
- Proficient with scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell
- Familiarity with Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) and/or Elastic
- Domain Specific Language (DSL)
- Demonstrated experience triaging and responding to APT activities
- Experience working with various technologies and platform such as AWS, Azure, O365, containers, etc.
- Understanding of current cyber threat landscape, the different tactics commonly used by adversaries and how you would investigate, contain and recover against their attacks
Security Tapestry44 Vantage Way, Suite 503
Nashville, TN 37228, USA firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (901) 333-3030